More Than 100 Years Of Combined Legal Experience

What are your options after a work-related car crash?

On Behalf of | Jan 3, 2022 | Workers' Compensation |

Your boss handed you the business credit card, just like they’ve done a dozen times before, and told you to head over to the hardware store and pick up a few things that they needed.

Unfortunately, you ended up in a bad collision – one that clearly wasn’t your fault – before you made it back. Now, you’re laid up, possibly for weeks or months, and your boss is telling you that you need to pursue a civil claim against the other driver instead of applying for workers’ compensation.

Is your boss right? Should you only file a personal injury claim and not a worker’s compensation claim?

Your boss is partially right: You probably should file a personal injury claim. Personal injury claims can provide compensation for losses that aren’t covered under workers’ compensation benefits, including payment for your pain and suffering.

Your boss is wrong, however, if they’re hinting (or outright telling you) that a civil claim is your only option. Even though you weren’t in a company vehicle when the accident happened or on company ground, you were still on company time and doing company business. That means you have a right to file a workers’ compensation claim for your injuries.

Why would your boss suggest otherwise? It’s possible they are simply confused about your rights, but the more likely answer is that they don’t really want you to file a workers’ comp claim. Every claim that’s filed has the potential to affect their insurance costs, and most bosses work hard to keep those to a minimum.

If you’re in doubt about your options after an on-the-job car accident, don’t take your guidance from someone who may accidentally or intentionally steer you in the wrong direction. Find out more about the full extent of your legal rights today.

At Solomon Law Firm we have handled exactly such matters.  We have 40 years of experience.  We offer free consultations and there are never any fees paid unless you are compensated for both personal injury claims and worker’s compensation claims.  Call us at (603) 437-3700 or 1-877-LAW-HELP (877-529-4357).  We are on Facebook and